Job Title: Investor Relations Associate
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Boyd Watterson is a fast-growing company that focuses on sustaining our collegial culture as it expands. Honesty and integrity are fundamental to our character and relationships. Our managers are dedicated to being available and attentively listening to employees.
The Investor Relations Associate is a key contact with investors, consultants, and administrators for administrative duties for the State Government Fund. This person provides excellent service to investors and their representatives by providing timely and accurate information and resolving issues. The Investor Relations Associate is the primary interface with the fund administrators for all investor-related reporting and activities. The role is responsible for ensuring that the administrator performs all of its assigned IR activities, functions and reporting in a timely and client-friendly manner.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in fixed income, real estate, and equities. We deliver investment solutions tailored to meet the needs of Taft-Hartley funds, foundations and endowments, religious organizations, public entities, corporations, insurance companies, and advisory channel clients.
Our fixed income investment strategies range from short-term to liability-driven investing and high-quality to high yield. Our real estate strategies are derived from our specialized capabilities in acquiring and managing real estate leased to the US General Services Administration (GSA), which houses key federal agencies nationwide. We offer separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and bespoke solutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partners with Real Estate Accounting to optimize the services provided by the administrator.
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities for all investor-related activities.
- Review the reports, correspondence and other materials prepared by the Administrators.
- Ensure tasks are performed timely and accurately.
- While delegating all routine tasks & deliverables to the outside provider(s) serve as the main contact with investors and other external constituents.
2. Facilitate the accurate completion and final execution of Fund documents in a timely manner and within Fund deadlines.
3. Ensure that final documents for each investor are maintained within the Digital File System and/or by Fund Administrators.
4. Complete audit request documentation and assist with the completion of Requests for Proposals and Due Diligence Questionnaires.
5. Coordinate the review and distribution of investor information on a regular basis, including Investor Statements, capital distribution notices, financial statements, audited financial reports and Forms K-1 according to established deadlines and contact lists.
6. Review marketing materials, presentations to investors and other Real Estate-related materials to provide input & to keep updated on the Fund.
7. Communication with Investors – Primary source for resolution of investors’ questions and issues.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred or comparable experience
- 3-5 years of investor relations or customer service experience
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.