Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant, Real Estate
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Chicago, IL
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Our Senior Staff Accountant provides support in carrying out the responsibilities for finance and accounting functions for real estate investment funds. Acting as a Senior Fund Accountant, works directly with the third-party Accounting Group and the Fund Administrator in the preparation of financial statements and information for the Funds.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage financial reporting for property and real estate investment entities.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements for individual properties.
- Review Fund and REIT monthly workpapers.
- Review and analyze consolidated Fund and REIT financial statements provided by the Fund Administrator and review the investor capital and performance statements.
- Calculate and review performance reporting.
- Prepare and provide year-end audit workpapers to Auditor.
- Coordinate tax filings with public accountants.
- Review each property acquisition closing document with settlement statement for accuracy and to insure it complies with Investment Committee approval.
- Direct Fund Administrator with onboarding of newly acquired properties, including verifying set-up of legal LLC and review opening entry and workpaper support to submit to property managers and accountants.
- Review and compare the annual budgets in accounting software (Yardi).
- Manage Cash Flow from investors and lenders for use in acquisitions, distributions of excess cash to investor or pre-acquisition or entity disbursements.
- Perform weekly cash analysis.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations performed on managed accounts.
- Coordinate payment of monthly bills with Fund Administrator Treasury team.
- Coordinate payment of monthly interest to lender.
- Review monthly/quarterly asset management fees.
- Serve as a resource for Boyd Watterson real estate operations.