Job Title: Senior Programmer Analyst
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
The System Analyst is responsible for working with the Chief Technology Officer in developing, implementing and maintaining proprietary and purchased software/technology needed to operate the business systems throughout the BWAM enterprise in an efficient and accurate manner.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement and maintain and support sophisticated software applications, including the Portfolio Accounting System (PAS), APEX, Trade Order Management System (TOM), Trade Account Settlement (TAS), Account Billing System (ABS), Account Information Management System (AIM), Digital File System (DFS), etc.
- Test and debug programs utilizing design specifications
- Evaluate requests for system enhancements and develop schedules for completion
- Assist users with procedural or minor technical problems
- Manage the support of computer systems, including user account maintenance, archival and backup, and troubleshooting of hardware and software
2. Evaluate new software/hardware to judge its applicability and appropriateness for use
3. Maintain and administer the local server, including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and related connections
4. Train users regarding the technical aspects and use of standard software packages and hardware
5. Provide for the security in terms of Network access, Application access, User Verification access and Module access
6. Provide for backup and disaster recovery
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Good knowledge of software development tools
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and math skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- At least a minimum of two years’ experience in the securities trading industry
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.