Job Title: Research Analyst
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH; Denver, CO; or Washington, D.C.
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
The Research Analyst is responsible for providing research and analytical support for real estate line of business on GSA, State, and Commercial Market Research. Additionally, they are responsible for creating and updating reports to support the general real estate research process.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Business Development
- Build relationships in targeted markets with brokers, economic developers, and government officials to have a better understanding of the local real estate fundamentals and the firm’s current and future investments
- Aggregate data and create/update models in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to provide a summary on investment decisions in commercial real estate and marketing material
- Provide reports on potential acquisitions in the future to gain an understanding of the potential investment
- Provide risk analysis on potential tenants who are seeking to lease our space
- Conduct research on potential new funds to deploy capital
- Assist with updating marketing material for existing and new clients
- Go through reports developed by the industry to discover new deals and call the local market participants to those deals
- Analyze potential new development/redevelopment opportunities for tenants who are searching for space in the market
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- College degree + 3+ years of real estate experience required
- CFA certification a plus
- Strong Relationship development and communicational skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Great work ethic
- Reliable team member
- Passion for learning
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.