Job Title: Real Estate Staff Accountant
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Chicago, IL
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Our Real Estate Staff Accountant will assist our Real Estate Fund Administration in all matters of accounting and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP for Real Estate. Ensure reports are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing quarterly GAAP Financial Statements.
- Review and upload Property level trial balances, and analyze budget variances
- Prepare reporting package to ensure all required information is accurate
- Perform account reconciliations and account analysis
- Provide performance returns
- Facilitate payment of property level invoices
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries
- Assist in providing performance reporting for clients
- Assist in monitoring and journalizing loan interest payments
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Coordinate weekly legal invoices into Yardi software and update check registers
- Prepare monthly assigned asset management fee invoices
- Coordinate setup of weekly wire transfers
- Assist in preparing Audited Financial Statement in accordance with GAAP at year end
- Other Duties
- Assist in uploading and reviewing budgets
- Assist in administrative duties like scanning and saving documents
- Serve as backup for Onboarding – Newly Acquired Properties