Job Title: Operations Analyst / Portfolio Administrator Generalist
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
The Operations Analyst / Portfolio Administrator Generalist is responsible for providing coverage of multiple Portfolio Administrator positions/functions. This position will be asked to perform various functions within the Operations Department including but not limited to Portfolio Reconcilement, Trade Settlement, New Account Administration and Data Maintenance functions.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily review of internal accounting records with externals sources via Reconcilement system to ensure accurate records for accounts assigned
- Analyze and resolve daily accounting differences for accounts assigned
- Process non-global fixed income reorganization through APEX for accounts assigned
- Monitor for and process global call transactions on APEX
- Monitor accounts for cash flows and inform appropriate investment personnel as required
- Maintain books of record by scanning / uploading custodian statements to Digital Filing system for accounts assigned
2. Data Maintenance
- Daily maintenance of and review/validation of loan database, loan security master and loan pricing with third parties
- Daily maintenance of and review/validation of fixed income security master, Call Reports and Daily Data Scrub Alerts
3. New Accounts and Account Maintenance
- Set up client information in BWAM proprietary systems and work with custodians to get new account set up on their system. Once funded on custodian systems, open on BWAM systems
- Maintain new and existing account information by updating client contact information to proprietary systems.
- Monitor Platform proprietary system/websites for new account paperwork and account terminations.
- Route client withdrawal requests to the portfolio to the portfolio managers and add to office calendar.
- Update and maintain client contact information on Boyd Systems
4. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to resolve problems independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure of tight deadlines
- Strong customer service skills due to the constant interaction between departments
- Experience in Brokerage or Securities Industry would be beneficial
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.