Job Title: Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
The Director of FP&A is responsible for developing, maintaining, and overseeing execution of the various finance- related processes for the Real Estate LOB. The Director works with the Asset Management teams to implement consistent processes and to create insightful reporting. The reporting is consolidated to provide transparency and insights at each level of the organization, from the Asset Manager to the CEO.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages a team of financial analysts responsible for facilitating processes, preparing reports, and providing insights.
2. Annual Business Plans – Work with the Plan Administrator and the Plan Owner to identify the FP&A team’s role in current year projects. Partners with the assigned LOB representatives to complete.
3. Capex Process – Partner with the assigned LOB representatives to complete the development of a robust Capital Process that ensures that the Five-Year Capital Plans are sound, continuously updated, monitored versus a baseline, and approved. Reporting should monitor completion of approved projects. Reporting needs to be integrated into the valuation process.
4. Valuations – Oversee the valuation process to ensure that inputs to the cash flow models are controlled, reasons for valuation changes are identified and approved, and the impact of any appraiser-driven changes are understood and documented. Ensure that the process is completed timely, and adjustments are understood and documented. Distribute quarterly reports on valuation results.
5. Forecasting and Budgeting – Review and recommend improvements to the existing forecasting and budgeting process. Evaluate the effectiveness of the process and prepare a cost/benefit analysis. Implement approved changes, monitor execution, and provide reporting.
6. Technology – Leverage existing technology to provide more robust analysis, and to automate manual tasks. Ensure that the team understands the capabilities and become experts.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Five or more years’ experience in a Real Estate Finance role, and in managing a team
- Experience in evaluating processes and procedures for Capital Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting and Valuations
- Ability to influence peers and others in implementing changes
- Experienced with Yardi, Argus, and other systems
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.