Job Title: Assistant Construction Manager
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Washington, DC
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Boyd Watterson is looking for an Assistant Construction Manager who will assist with coordinating capital construction projects, leveraging construction tools and best practices in support of Boyd Watterson real estate portfolios; Assist in collecting and reviewing building due diligence information in support of Boyd Watterson’s Acquisition teams (GSA & State); Provide support to the Asset Management teams in assessing and tracking capital projects through Boyd Watterson data analytics tool Summit.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the supervision of the construction manager, track project budgets and schedules for major capital projects and assist in delivering monthly reports on budget forecasts vs. actuals.
2. Under the supervision of the construction manager, track five-year capital budgets and schedules in Summit for major capital projects and assist in delivering quarterly reports on budget forecasts vs. actuals.
3. Review the Acquisition Due Diligence checklist and ensure that all due diligence materials have been assembled and completed within approved timelines as developed by Construction Manager and Acquisitions Team Lead(s).
4. Accompany the construction manager on construction site visits where practical, and document construction progress through notes, photographs, etc. and update on Boyd Watterson shared drive.
5. Review and understand tenets of Responsible Contractor policy and review with Asset Managers periodically to ensure compliance.
6. Assist construction manager in the deployment of construction and related training materials, coursework, etc. for the asset management team and other duties, as necessary.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, or 5-7 years of equivalent experience in construction-related field.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to read prints.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.