Job Title: Asset Manager
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Denver, CO
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment. We are seeking talented individuals to join our team.
Our Asset Managers are responsible for the administration, operation, and financial oversight of a portfolio of real estate assets in order to achieve return objectives while minimizing risks. They manage a portfolio of real estate holdings in order to maximize value, achieve return objectives, and minimize risks.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Among many other daily responsibilities our Asset Managers:
- Drive revenue and value through direct oversight of leasing activity at each asset
- Maintain physical integrity of the property
- Mitigate economic risk
- Oversee quarterly asset valuations in conjunction with the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team
- Monitor market activity and fundamentals and assess impact to asset value
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate
- 2-5 years of real estate and asset management experience
- Experience working with the GSA or state and federal tenant agencies is a plus
- Experience with Argus Enterprise and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to independently balance many tasks
- Significant travel within the United States required (-20% of the time)
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.