Job Title: Acquisitions Analyst
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Chicago, IL
Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Boyd Watterson is seeking an Analyst in Acquisitions to assist in growing a portfolio of properties primarily leased to the General Services Administration. The Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President – Acquisitions in the Chicago office and will be a critical member of the acquisitions team. This candidate will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing real estate team and have the opportunity to grow with the company. The candidate will be expected to provide analytical and strategic support to the acquisitions team in various capacities.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high net worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ongoing maintenance of internal company database of acquisition pipeline activity
2. Play key role assisting in the due diligence process for prospective acquisition opportunities
3. Coordinate property site visits for internal teams as well as third party consultants and vendors
4. Perform cash flow analysis of all prospective acquisition opportunities
5. Assist in preparation and writing of Investment Committee memorandums
6. Communicate with outside brokers or sellers with various deal-related requests
7. Perform special ad hoc projects and analyses
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate from a respected university
- 2-3 years of experience in real estate, preferably in acquisitions or development
- Must have Microsoft Word and Excel skills and Argus experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner
- Possess working knowledge of terminology and mechanics of commercial real estate, including but not limited to cash flow analysis
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to independently balance many tasks at a given time
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.